Style Edition - Twisted Updo with Spiral Curls10:05 AM
I wore this hair style to a Zouk/Kompa Club called ATRIUM. I used the second version of my pipe cleaners to receive this result. Below are the pictures and the materials I used, as well as the "how to".
The "how to" for Pipe Cleaner II can be found here. The default "result page" of my pipe cleaners can be found here. This post is a series of three post as well, since I believe this would make a great start for my style edition series =).
1) Apply the pipe cleaners to your locks. Keep in mind where you want to have your spiral of curls to fall. Mines was on the right side of my head.
2) I first did three big twists in the back, and then proceed to pin them down with bobby pins.
3) Then I did three more twists on left side of my scalp, pining them down with bobby pins as well.
4) Make sure, the side you going to leave your Shirley Temple curls, are as small as possible. This is achieved by taking small section of your locks with the pipe cleaners. My example once again, is on the right side of my head, where my curls fall. I separated the Shirley temple curls for more volume.
5) I used Aloe Vera to smoothed out my sides instead of gel.
Warning: Your sisterlocks will look like it is fake. LOL for some reason, a lot of people didn't believe that was my hair. Go figure right.
Note: You can click on any of the images to enlarge. All image are copyright by me. Please ask for permission if you want to use any of my pictures.