I did used this treatment prior and during my trip to Quebec City, and found it to be decent, but I honestly prefer my moisture spray over this new formula. When I use my homemade spray on my sisterlocks, my sisterlocks continues to get softer, while on the other hand, this moisture treatment require daily (or every other day) spritz of pain water to give it some softness.
I like the old formula better, it seem less grainy and smoother than this the New Formula. I also like the smell of the older formula as well. This new formula looks more commercial like (color is more white etc.). Overall this product is good for treatment only, but not as a daily moisturizer.
- The smell is nice and soft.
- Doesn't leave build up (does leave residue*).
- Some of the ingredients on there I recognize and like.
- Stay fresher looking vs. the old formula.
- Much thicker than the previous version.
- Has a lot more ingredient vs. the old, and I can't see a reason for it?
- Leaves residue after contact with chlorinate water (pool) or salt water (beach)*. It does wash out.
- Don't like the grainy feel of it. It makes me fearful that it will get stuck in my locks, especially if I follow the direction closely.
Final Conclusion: I believe this is a good product for locks treatment only, and not as a daily moisturizer. It's just too thick and not easy to use by itself. You will need to add it to a water bottle, and spray onto your locks (see how to here).
If you like to create your own moisture spray, and needs something for daily use, than create your own with this recipe vs. using this. If you don't like creating your own moisturizer spray, than I would recommend this product to use for daily moisture control.
Please note that the products I mention on this post are for settle locks only.