To the new readers who don't know, I use two types of shampoos, since I tend to wash my sisterlocks twice a month. One set of shampoo is more moisturizing and doesn't stripe out as much, and then I have a clarifying shampoo that stripes out EVERYTHING. The clarify shampoo is used right before my retighten since I don’t want stuff (build up & residue) trap in my locks. Below is the final review of Suave Clarifying Shampoo & Conditioner as a clarifier.
Bring out the natural beauty of your hair with this pH-balanced deep cleansing formula that helps remove residue without stripping moisture.
- Longer lasting fragrance*
- For normal to oily hair
- The smell is just divine and it last for days!
- Cleans really well and not as striping as my other shampoo*.
- Conditioner is light and does soften my sisterlocks.
- The COST is the biggest advantage to this product. You can find the Shampoo and the Conditioner for $1 at your local dollar store.
- Not as striping as my other shampoo (I know it weird) but it just doesn't clean as good as my other shampoo.
- Conditioner is hard to find at the local store.
Conclusion: I like this shampoo, and I don't know if I should consider using this product for a couple of month, and then switching to the more expensive brand for a month or two. I'm really on the fence with this one. The other shampoo is a MUCH better as a clarifier than this one, but the other shampoo will no doubt get more expensive as my locks get longer.
In the end, the Suave is looking more and more attractive in the long run, but if you looking for a really good clarify, I can't recommend this as a complete replacement. If you used this shampoo, I would love to hear your feedback on what you think of it as a clarifier.